We had a whirlwind day on Sat 9/26, but that's only the beginning of your journey.
The key to what comes next...
- Find mentors to learn from by joining a community
- Befriend peers to learn with and keep each other accountable
- Pick a specific project to work on with your peers
- Learn as much as you can using the resources below and trying to apply your learning to the project.
- Get your project functioning and get your friends (or strangers) to use it.
- Repeat steps 3-5 until you can reliably build different projects on your chosen platform.
...is repetition, repetition, repetition. Building the small muscles of your iOS skills, a little bit every day:
...not sure what to build? Initially, try to rebuild the app you built at the workshop.
Remember, don't try to build the single most amazing app EVER at this point. Start small, build a simple working app, and then build up from there.
This "180 websites in 180 days" project is a great model:
...start simple, build either self-contained apps (like Tip Calculator) or API-using apps (like RottenTomatoes) - games & graphics-heavy apps are more advanced topics.
Definitely dig into following iOS development resources:
Reply to this thread to say 'hi' and let everyone know what you're working on at the moment.